Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Epcot Flower & Garden Festival 2016: Snacking Around the World

I love going to Epcot. Even though it is the most "whitewashed" way to experience different countries, I still love being able to experience so many different things in such a small area. I've never been to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot every fall, but I was super excited when I found out the Star Wars Half was during the Flower & Festival Festival! What a great way to celebrate finishing another half marathon and hang out with my sister.
I love that part of the maps for Epcot included this cute little Garden Passport with the menu for each of the fresh garden pavilions, a place to get stamps from each country, and info about all of the adorable topiaries. We didn't have nearly enough time to collect all of the stamps, but it does make for a cute souvenir!

After coming in to Epcot, Lilly was sleeping, but I decided to start with a photo with Daisy Duck!
We got there around 11, just after the World Showcase opened, and I was STARVING! The first country we hit was Mexico, and I got the tacos de camaron and elderflower watermelon sangria, while my sister got the rose margarita.

Next up was China! We got a picture with Mulan, and took a seat to try to gaoli beef bun and some "school bread" from Norway next door, which was  delicious bready roll topped with pastry cream.

We breezed through Germany, and made our way to Italy for a bellini, one of my favorite cocktails! Up next was the good ol' U.S. of A. with a great smokehouse. I took a pit stop to change Lilly, reapply sunscreen, and get some water while K got the beef brisket burnt ends and a grapefruit pale ale.

I usually love spending time in the Japan pavilion because it always feels so peaceful, no matter how crowded it is. I got some frushi, a sweet fruit sushi roll, and yuzu plum wine slushy.
Next door was Morocco. While my sister got pictures with Jasmine and Aladdin, K and I split a HUGE quick service meal that came with naan, hummus, a cilantro salad, chicken, and more. I really wanted to try the Desert Rose, a champagne cocktail with pomegranate, but by this point the heat and early morning were really getting me. I enjoyed sitting in the shade for a good 45 minutes, drinking ice water, but I was just exhausted.

Next up was France! I would have loved to explore more, but I was feeling really bad by this point and just wanted to take a nap. I ordered the La Vie En Rose, a Grey Goose slush with St. Germain and cranberry juice. The flavor was amazing, but the cold gave me a headache, which I know is a sign that I'm more dehydrated than I was willing to admit.

Instead of looping around to finish Canada and the UK, we snuck out the back of Epcot and headed back to our resort for an afternoon nap before dinner.

After spending some of the next day at Hollywood Studios, K and I decided to finish our our Epcot run and headed back to the UK pavilion. They had a DELICIOUS scone with raspberry preserves and clotted cream.

At the pineapple promenade we also indulged in some pineapple soft serve of Dole Whip fame, this time with a splash of rum! We also split a spicy hot dog.

Perhaps "drinking around the world" isn't the best idea after a half marathon, but it's still a great event and I would definitely go back to spend a long day exploring everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment