Thursday, December 17, 2015

Chasing new dreams: Ironman 70.3 Superfrog 2016!

One of my bucket list races is Superfrog, a half ironman race on Coronado Island off San Diego. It was originally designed by the Navy SEALs stationed there as a training race to prepare for the Ironman world championships in Kona, Hawaii. It includes an open water swim in the Pacific, a looped bike with some serious winds, and a run that includes both road and sand. I've been wanting to do this race because of it's history as one of the oldest HIM races, and because it's known to be so challenging. As a cherry on top, it is now one of the few HIM distance races left that is a Kona qualifier (though for active duty military only).

This was at the top of my list for last year, but when I found out I was pregnant, it went to the back burner. This week, though, I committed, and registered for 2016!
Since it's all the way on the other side of the country, and falls right in between my next move and starting Army stuff again, it will definitely present some logistical challenges. In addition, training during bar prep this summer, with a baby, is going to require some serious help from my husband.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment