Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Catching up!

What a summer! I can't even lie, not writing all summer long was actually a little nice. Just a few things I've been up to:
  • Definitely working. I've been at the OSJA at Fort Meade (check out a few blog posts at my other blog). The traffic from Baltimore to Fort Meade every day has been so much fun....but taking time at lunch every day to work out has been nice! 
  • Traveled to NYC for a friend's wedding and got to see Cinderella on Broadway! I would have liked to do the Oakley Women's 10K that weekend, but it sold out pretty fast (at least, faster than I planned)
  • Ran the Baltimore Women's Classic 5K on June 22. While I didn't do great, this was a really great race in downtown Baltimore! I got a medal (for a 5K!) and a great shirt!
  • Visited Mount Vernon for a fun afternoon. What a great afternoon trip! I hear the path from DC to there is pretty nice too. 
  • Moved to a new apartment, now that K is finally here permanently. I just love moving so much. We signed a 24 month lease, though, so I fully committed and even painted some of the rooms! We're going for a California Modern vibe (think Mad Men surf shack?) so it's been an interesting mix of "I love this blue!" delight and "why can't I just find a nice midcentury modern credenza to display my china?!" frustration. 
  • Traveled to San Diego for Comic Con!
  • After my last day of work, went to the Omni Homestead in Hot Springs, VA, for a night to relax and spend a day in The Spa (it rained). 
  • Training for two late-summer triathlons - I'm doing the Iron Girl Columbia this coming Sunday, and Nation's Tri. 
You can check out some more of my adventures on my Instagram!

School is ramping up just next week, so soon I'll be back in the swing of things. I have purposely refrained from planning any major races in the fall until I know what my schedule will be like. I have a lot on my plate this year (16 credit hours, plus Maryland Journal of International Law, Peer Advisor, and MIPSA treasurer) but hopefully I'll still find time to write every now and then! 

Has anyone else had a great summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment