Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back from the Beach: Rock N' Roll Virginia Beach 1/2 Marathon

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! I escaped the craziness of the Baltimore Grand Prix, and headed south for the weekend, with some time in Richmond, Colonial Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach for the RnR 1/2 Marathon.

To start, I hate Virginia drivers. So much. Maybe those cops need to stop pulling people over for stupid reasons, and teach them how to MERGE without backing up traffic for a mile. So frustrating.

Second, this weekend I learned to throw the plan out the window and be happy with finishing. That seems to be a pretty big theme for this year.

I'll write a full race review later, so let's suffice it to say I was going in planning on a new PR. I've been feeling great during training, added lots of extra strength, and was really feeling a 1:50 or so. WRONG! I finished in 2:40, threw up, and almost passed out at the finish line.

Also, one might think that, with so many events around the country, the Rock N' Roll people would have this race thing down to a science by now.....but they don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment