Friday, June 7, 2013

Planning ahead for 2014

Even though it's only June, I've already started working on my race schedule for next year! Planning and looking forward to exciting races is a big part of my life, so the earlier I start planning, the most I can get out of my race calendar. In addition, registration for some races opens up soon, and the cheapest prices are the earliest prices!

Since my plan for this past year went through September, I've kind of stuck with my fiscal year/Hannah year concept of time. I'm still debating which triathlon I will be doing this year, due to the change of plans with law school, moving to Baltimore, husband deploying, and such. My goal for 2014 is to stay local (in the DC/Baltimore area), rather than travel so much. I'm sure there will be a few notable exceptions, though.

My first event for HY 2014 will be the Army Ten Miler on October 20, 2013. I will also be volunteering for the Marine Corps Marathon expo on October 26, 2013. After that, I'll keep my late fall/winter calendar pretty open and focus on school. For 2014, I plan on registering for the Glass Slipper Challenge, the 10k and Disney Princess Half Marathon in February. That will be a travel race, of course, but I think it's worth it! In March 2014 is the Rock n Roll USA in Washington, DC; this might be a full marathon for me. Also in the spring will be the Iron Girl Columbia Half Marathon and the Nike DC Women's Half Marathon.

I'm still doing some research, and looking up fun races in my new home, so hopefully this will flesh out as time goes on. No matter what, though, I will hopefully be taking full advantage of my new region! (and perhaps investing in some real winter clothes)

No comments:

Post a Comment