Thursday, May 9, 2013

So how's it going?

So how is training going, you might ask. My first triathlon of the season is about 10 days away, and I'm getting ready for an awesome vacation in San Diego. and after a quick review of my calendar over the past 2 weeks, my structured training plan has taken a severe nose dive. While I have been making some improvements in swimming, my twice a week sessions aren't quite enough. I've also cut back on my extra running, since my new unit only does 2-3 mile runs twice a week or so. This first tri is only a 5k, so that shouldn't affect me too much. And biking...well, let's say it's still a weak spot.

My resolutions for next week needs to include a longer distance brick workout this weekend (goal: 15 mile bike and 3 mile run), then some light, 1000m+ swimming, and at least one good run before backing off. Since I've increased some strength training over the last few weeks, and feeling the extra soreness in my legs, I don't want to do anything too stressful the week before a triathlon and a cross-country flight.

This is kind of how I've felt this week:

I wish I could say all those cool motivational pictures inspire me to run. Those, you're lapping everyone on the couch! or, I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop I'm done! posters all over Pinterest.

What motivates me to run more right now, though, is knowing that I have to wear my triathlon shorts in a week. And those make my legs look like fat, pale sausages. Time to get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment