Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ready for an #EpicSummerRun!

Everyone is getting ready for Rock n' Roll San Diego this weekend! The signs are up about road closures all over town, downtown is starting to get busy, and I am so excited!

The last week has absolutely flown by! Last week I visited my best friend in Huntington Beach, and got in a 6 mile run along the beach. If every run included this view in the middle, I would definitely be running a lot more:

While in HB, I also got in a visit to the Portola Coffee Lab in the OC Mart Mix at SOCO Collection. My friend described it as specialty coffee; what she meant was it is pretty much literally a lab. I loved how open the service area was, so you can see the roaster and all the gentlemen brewing every cup of coffee as it is ordered. I got a simply cappuccino, since I was worried about being late for my train back to San Diego, but watching them was just fascinating. This is their Kyoto drip coffee is apparently the most popular, and they were out when I was there :( Here is the contraption they use, though, which was absolutely mesmerizing to watch:
I never said I was a good photographer. 
For Memorial Day, Kevin and I spent some time down at the beach in La Jolla. Here's a beautiful San Diego sunset!


We also scouted out the new Stone Brewing Bistro in Liberty Station, ostensibly to try their Hops for Heroes IPA, which included Louisville Sluggers in the process. Beer that includes baseball bats, and raises money for veterans' charities? Another round! They were unfortunately out of the two items on the menu I wanted (mussels and pretzel grilled cheese) so I unfortunately ended up with the lobster roll. What a disappointment:

As you can see, I have been preparing well for this race! It is such a problem, to be here with beautiful weather and perfect streets with sidewalks, and yet I'm in full vacation mode, too lazy to want to do anything. Hopefully the beautiful scenery will be enough to push me through a sub-2:00 half!

No comments:

Post a Comment