Sunday, May 5, 2013

Happy May!

It's already May! I can't believe we're already a third of the way through 2013! Time is flying by way too fast.

This week was a weird combination of being frustrated with my job, trying to get in good quality workouts, and stressing about the two big events I have coming up! I did get in two good swims, two good runs, a gym workout, and one day of P90X cardio. I also got in one good evening of sitting on the couch with some ice cream and having a Grimm marathon with my husband.

One of the most important workouts I got in this week was a brick workout, which is key before a triathlon. I did a 15 mile bike ride followed by a 2.5 mile run, and remembered why these are so important! Running off the bike is one of the weirdest feelings ever. I definitely have a tendency to tighten up and take super fast, super short strides, before loosening up a little and relaxing into my normal stride.

Because I didn't have time for any long runs this week, both of my short runs were pretty fast, and one was about 2 miles of sprint intervals. Hopefully this will help my run quality overall.

What's my next big challenge? Packing! I'll be heading out of here on May 18th for the Iron Girl triathlon, followed by two weeks on vacation in San Diego, capped off by the Rock 'N' Roll San Diego Half Marathon and a flight back to Georgia. How does one pack for a triathlon and a big race and a vacation? I guess we'll see!! At least my wet suit will get some Pacific Ocean time in!

No comments:

Post a Comment