Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Greetings from Sunny California!

I made it! Despite not liking the current status of the Southwest/Airtran merge, I made it all the way to San Diego, and kicking myself daily for not enrolling in a law school here. The weather is beautiful, and there's just so much to do!

Since my race Sunday was cancelled, I've been trying to make myself do a few workouts this week, which I had originally marked as "recovery." The perfect 72 degree weather with perfect sunny skies has been helping. I did an easy 4.5 miles this morning, and feel great! This weekend I'm headed up to Huntington Beach, and will try to fit in an 8 mile run to pinpoint my goal pace for the Rock n Roll San Diego, only 11 days away. I figure if I'm going to run 8 miles anywhere, it might as well be in heaven.

In other news, Iron Girl has made everyone a very generous offer after the cancellation Sunday. They sent out an email Monday with the following offers:
- a discount entry to next year's event, which will be sent out at a later date
- complimentary entry into any other Iron Girl event this year, except Columbia, Syracuse, and Rocky Gap (the only 3 that fit in my calendar, of course)
- a $10 discount to the Acworth women's sprint tri in August

This was very generous of them, and more than I was expecting. I did contact them about getting a priority wait list or something similar for the Columbia or Rocky Gap events, since, again, they are really the only options for me. If nothing comes of it, oh well, I'll be first online to register for them next year!

And, just for fun, I crunched some numbers to see how much it would cost to do the Lake Las Vegas Iron Girl in October.
Entry: complimentary
Flight: $350+
2 nights at Westin Lake Las Vegas: $200+ or SPG points
Bike transport: $100
Missing a day of class

I don't think it's quite worth it, though if I could, that would definitely be the one I'd want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment