Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week Summary

I was feeling pretty sluggish this week, and couldn't quite figure out why until I woke up Friday and Saturday with a swollen throat. I knew I needed to do some hills, though, to get ready for the Georgia half marathon next weekend.

Monday: 3 mile run with 2 large hills, plus Chisel 360 class
Tuesday: PRT movement drills (there is no explaining this)
Wednesday: 3 mile run with a large hill (Willard hill, fyi)
Thursday: REST
Friday: 1000m swim after work
Saturday: REST
Sunday: 18 holes of golf

So, that's TWO new things this past week: Chisel 360 and golf.

Chisel 360 is a class I went to with a friend, and it was about 60 minutes long. It involved the Step360 trainer, which is a step trainer with two air chambers underneath, to create a little bit of instability. Working that, plus some weights and gliders, created a pretty good class. Nothing too challenging, but different for me.

I went golfing today for the first time ever, despite having lived here in Augusta, GA, for a few years. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, since our foursome played best ball rather than take 10 hours, and I didn't even get bored.

My goal for this week is to get at least one good bike ride in, and mostly feel out my legs to make sure I'm ready for Atlanta next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment