Thursday, February 7, 2013

Staff duty, or, how not to prep for the LSAT

It's only Thursday, I think, and boy has it been a long week. Sunday and Tuesday I had staff duty, which is a 24 hour shift on the staff duty desk in our office. As you can imagine, it sucks.

My original plan for staff duty was to be very productive, finish up my law school applications, study for the LSAT, etc. Did not happen. After being on night shift last week and still not being on a normal schedule, I was pretty exhausted. I spent Sunday watching all FOUR Bring It On! movies....I didn't even know there were four different ones. At least I avoided all the Super Bowl snacks all the fitness websites warn you to avoid? I did finish one practice test, though, and edited a few personal statements, but that's about it.

Monday I slept in. Until 6:30pm. Oops. Guess I should've set an alarm.

Therefore, I didn't really sleep much that night, which made getting up to go back at 9 really tough. Again, I got a few things done, a few projects from work, but by about 9pm, halfway through my shift, I was so tired I couldn't focus on much more than Pinterest. Follow me here :D

I made myself get up around 4, which was a good 6+ hours of sleep, but I didn't want to risk not going to bed that night. I didn't get much studying done Wednesday night though, because I started watching New Girl reruns. Darn you, Zooey Deschanel and your enviable wardrobe. I can't wait to start law school so I can wear lipstick every day.

So, that's my week so far. As you can see, not very productive overall. Going for a company run tomorrow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment