Sunday, January 13, 2013

Trip summary: Winter Break/NYE 2013

Finally, making some time for a trip summary post for my Winter Break this year. I took 8 days off of work, and went to Southern California with my husband to see my in-laws, as well as spend some time with KLH, my college roommate who lives in Huntington Beach.

Kevin and I took the late night flight from Atlanta to LAX, and decided last minute to go ahead and use my airtran points to upgrade to business class. Despite the guy next to me getting up every half hour to stretch his legs, the flight was fine, and Kevin definitely made up for his seat with copious bothering of the flight attendants and eating pretty much the entire plane's stash of milano cookies. KLH picked us up at LAX a little after we landed at midnight, and let us crash at her place.

The next day we went to the Huntington Beach Pier, one of my favorite places on earth. Here we are, enjoying sunny 70 degree weather in December:


 After that, husband and I took the Pacific Surfliner train down to San Diego for some quality family time. We spent one day going to different breweries in San Diego (Stone, Offbeat, and Ballast Point), picked up some cupcakes from Cupcakes Squared, had the 50/50 burger, and then spent New Year's Eve in the Gaslamp with some friends:

Finally, it was time to head back to reality, after a good week of messing up my internal clock. Getting up 5:30am for a run the Friday after we got back was definitely tough, but nothing some Starbucks couldn't fix.

I will add that I successfully made it through the entire trip with only 8 pieces of clothing, plus pajamas. I will admit that I did switch out one piece that I brought for a new sweater that I purchased during the trip. This might be a good rule of thumb for all future packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment