Saturday, January 5, 2013

The inbetween time

I had a little bit of a breather today in between trips. I got in yesterday morning from SoCal, and had a day at work. Sunday, though, I'll be off again for the Blogworld conference in Las Vegas! I've been running around doing laundry, unpacking and airing out my luggage, and trying to organize everything before I leave again. 

Some of the highlights of my trip, unfortunately without pictures:
- San Diego brew tour (Stone Brewing, Offbeat Brewing, and Ballast Point)
- New Year's Eve in downtown San Diego with my husband and best friend
- Getting a new smashed penny on the Huntington Beach Pier
- Visiting the Chinese American History Museum in San Diego
- Plenty of dim sum

Despite this being an inbetween time, I did fully unpack all of my bags when I got home. I hung up my clothes (I made it through my entire trip with only 8 pieces, plus pajamas!) and unpacked and repacked my travel toiletry bag. I also changed out the perfume sample in my luggage, which I use as a better-smelling freshener for my packed clothes. 

Now it's time to work on a healthier new year! While working on all my new races (training plan for Disney Princess Half coming soon!), I'm also studying for the LSAT one last time, finishing my law school applications, and building up to my training plan for the Augusta Ironman Half. For now, I am trying to increase my vegetables every day, cutting out empty liquid calories, and cutting down on snacking at night. 

My run this week was just a 3 mile trail run, which still hurts my knee more than I'd like. Hopefully tomorrow I can fit in a good bike before leaving on this next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment