Sunday, December 9, 2012

Now we're really in December

December is often one of the busiest months of the year. I agree, and I'm also going to add that this week was quite possibly the best December week, weather-wise, I've ever experienced. Every morning was about 60, with high of about 75 in the afternoon, which definitely made up for the early evenings.

I skipped Barre class this week in favor of spending some time with friends, and work was crazy enough to break into my lunches. So, my week went something like this:

Sunday: 8 mile bike ride with some friends (followed by brunch)
Monday: easy 3 miles on Barton Field
Tuesday: Circuit training for 50 minutes; 900m swim at lunch
Wednesday: 1.5 mile run with stops for ab/arm exercises
Thursday: CLIMBING DRILLS for 50 MINUTES! Rope climbs, pullups, dips, toes to the bar...ugh
Friday: 3.5 mile trail run
Saturday: 14 mile bike on Range Rd

This week we should get the results for the NWM 1/2 in April, so I can start planning for that. Next week should be the results of the lottery for the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run as well. I'm hoping to get airfare for less than $200 for both of those races, so timing and planning is key!

I've been evaluating my race schedule for next summer, and might be making some adjustments. Based on our planning for the summer, I might have to drop my plan for the San Diego Rock N' Roll :( Too many trips from Georgia to SD can get expensive. However, I'd like to add the Rev3 Olympic triathlon in Williamsburg, on June 23rd. My focus this year is the Augusta Ironman 70.3, so it makes sense to add more training for that!

Hopefully this week I can get back to some indoor classes, and get ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment